For more legal information, visit the CLEO website and Steps to Justice

Keeping track of dates and contact information

Keep track of dates, including:

When you make your claim, Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) or Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) asks you for your address and contact information. If you do not have the information at that time, you must give it to the RPD as well as CBSA or IRCC within 10 days of your eligibility interview.

Keep your address and contact information up-to-date with:

Updating your information with the RPD is not enough. You must also let CBSA or CIC know of any changes to your address or contact information.

If you do not update your contact information, you could miss an important letter or phone call. This could cause serious problems for you.

Keep track of contact information for all the people and organizations helping you.

You can find information about time limits for filing documents and making applications to the RPD in:

It is important to meet the time limits in the refugee claim process. If you miss a time limit, get legal help right away. In some cases, time limits can be extended.

If you need to apply to the RPD to extend a time limit, there are rules about when you should apply and what you need to show to get the extension.

Category: Before your hearing

← Keeping track of dates and contact information